Registration for Senior Boulder Provincials is now open. Registration details as well as lots of helpful information about the competition is provided below. Please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the event. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Date of Competition: Saturday October 30th 2021
Boulderz Climbing Centre
80 The East Mall Suite 9
Etobicoke, ON M8Z 5X1
Eligibility: The competition is open to all Senior athletes (Youth A, Junior and Open – born 2006 or earlier) who are Ontario residents and OCF members.
Qualifying for CEC Senior Boulder National Championships at Délire Escalade in Québec on November 27-28 2021:
All Ontario athletes interested in qualifying for CEC Senior Boulder Nationals must attend this event.
The OCF has 20 spots to allocate for Nationals per gender. These will go to the top 20 finishers per gender at Provincials (not including pre-qualified athletes).
Athlete Registration: Registration is now open at https://member.climbontario.ca.
The deadline to register is Sunday October 24th at 5:00pm. Please register early. Late registrations will not be accepted, no exceptions!
As this is the first competition of the season, you will need to update waivers and purchase a membership before registering for the competition. If you run into any problems, or have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
First time OCF competitors must provide proof of birthdate to the OCF before the competition. Please email your proof to firstname.lastname@example.org (preferable to avoid delays the day of the event) or bring your ID to the competition check-in. Here are the full details of this requirements.
Gym Waivers: Everyone entering the gym must complete a waiver for Boulderz Climbing Centre. Please complete your waiver before the competition to help make registration more efficient.
- Everyone entering the gym must be fully vaccinated.
- Proof of vaccination will be verified upon entry. Everyone entering the gym will need to show:
- full vaccination receipts (paper or digital; note that QR codes alone will not be accepted) AND
- identification that includes their name and birthdate (matching the vaccination receipt).
- Masks must be worn at all times.
- A detailed COVID policy will be published before the competition.
- Spectators will not be allowed for the qualification round.
- We will make a decision about limited spectators for finals closer to the date.
- Finals will be live streamed, with details to follow!
- Coaches attending the competition will be required to meet OCF certification requirements.
- All Coaches interested in attending the event with their athletes must pre-register with the OCF so that we can manage capacity. Coaches should contact Liz Maffett at email@example.com by the registration deadline (Sunday October 24th at 5pm) to confirm their attendance.
- If you are able to help, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- OCF Judges please contact email@example.com. For more information on how to become a certified OCF judge, please see: https://www.climbontario.ca/judging/.
- Judged IFSC isolation style comp
- Qualification round for each category will be 5 problems, 5 minutes on / 5 minutes off
- Finals round for each category will be a World Cup finals format (preview, 4 problems, 4 minutes). Both categories will run at the same time.
- Quota to finals is 6 in each category (top 6 from each category after qualification round)
- Qualifier running orders: athletes pre-qualified for CEC Boulder Nationals will climb first in random order followed by all other competitors in random order (2019 data is too old to use as an Ontario ranking)
- Finals running order: ranked lowest to highest
- Competitors will be ranked by # Tops/ # Zones/ # Tops attempts/ # Zones attempts, with ties broken by countback to the previous round
- An isolation zone (ISO) will be in effect for all rounds
- The final schedule and running orders will be posted on Wednesday October 27th, after registration closes. Here is the provisional schedule (subject to change based on final registration numbers):
9:45am – Early check-in for those climbing in the 1st hour
10:00am – ISO opens
11:00am – Qualification Round Starts
11:30am – ISO closes
5:00pm – Qualification Round Ends (approx time, depends on number of competitors)
Timing of Technical Meeting to be confirmed with final schedule.
6:00pm – ISO opens (1 hour after end of Qualification Round)
7:00pm – ISO closes
7:30pm – Final Round Starts
9:00pm – Final Round Ends
Results and Awards to follow
- An isolation zone will be in effect for all rounds at this competition. All competitors must be checked in before ISO closes, regardless of what time they are scheduled to compete in the running order.
- We have secured special room rates at two local hotels. Please reference the competition when booking:
Stay Inn @ 560 Evans Ave
Business King- $125/night
Two Queens- $135/night
Canadas Best Value Inn @ 650 Evans Ave
Two Queens- $119/night
Questions:Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about the competition!