The list of Youth D & C athletes who have qualified to compete at Provincial Bouldering Championships is provided at the bottom of this post. The list of qualified Youth B athletes was posted previously but is included again for completeness.
Congratulations to all!
Registration for the competition is now open at https://member.climbontario.ca.
Qualification rounds for all categories are scheduled for Saturday and final rounds for all categories are scheduled for Sunday morning. We will post further details about the comp, including a detailed provisional schedule, later this week.
Hotel group rate:
The OCF has arranged for a block of rooms for the Hampton Inn at 100 Coventry Road in Ottawa. Pricing is $129.00 for a 2 queen bed room and includes breakfast. For telephone bookings, please call 1.877.701.1281 and ask to book under Group Number “3777”. For online bookings, please use Group Code “OCF” at www.hampton.com.
Explanation of the rankings:
Eligibility for Provincial Championships is covered in Section 6 of our Rules.
- to be eligible, an athlete must be an Ontario resident (regardless of citizenship)
- for youth categories: top twenty (20) eligible athletes
- the top 20 rankings are based on each athlete’s single best result at a local competition in the discipline
- in ranking the top 20, we adjust results from each local to exclude the results of non-resident athletes
- if there is a tie for 20th, all athletes tied for the final spot are eligible
- if an eligible athlete chooses not compete, we do not invite additional athletes