Welcome to all New and Returning OCF Members. We are looking forward to the upcoming 2018/2019 Ontario Competitive Climbing season!
OCF memberships fees for 2018/2019 will be increased to $45 to cover our increased sanctioning fees to CEC.
Registration is now open for all Bouldering locals.
The 2018/2019 Competition Schedule is available here.
As per August 21st Facebook Post:
There will be no CEC Open National Series events this season. We await clarification of the selection process for Nationals from the CEC High Performance Committee.
Bouldering – Format Changes
- D/E categories will continue to be 8 problem modified scramble with 8 attempt max.
- B/C categories will be ISO format qualifier round consisting of 5 problems, and no finals round.
- JR/A and Open categories will be ISO format qualifier round consisting of 5 problems. Top 8 athletes in each category will advance to finals round consisting of 4 problems. Qualifier and finals will follow IFSC format. (This format may change pending changes in the CEC qualification process for Nationals.)
- C/D/E locals will feature D/E categories on Saturday and C category on Sunday.
- JR/A/B and Open locals will feature JR/A/Open qualifiers on Saturday, with B category qualifiers on Sunday followed by JR/A/Open finals later on Sunday.
The format will remain the same as the 2017/2018 series as follows with slight adjustments:
- D/E will have a modified scramble consisting of 4 routes, each of which they can attempt twice. For the 2018/2019 season, D/E climbers will follow a running order to organize athletes more efficiently and their score will take attempts into account to help eliminate ties.
- B/C and JR/A/Open will have a qualifier round consisting of two routes, followed by an on-sight format final round with one route.
- D/E locals will be held on Saturdays.
- B/C and JR/A/Open locals will feature JR/A/Open climbers on Saturday, and B/C climbers on Sunday.
In the interest of securing the best facilities to host our events, we have increased our competition registration fees. The majority of the registration fee is paid through to the host gym.
Bouldering Local D/E/C/B – $65
Bouldering Local JR/A/OPEN – $75
Bouldering Provincials – $100
Difficulty Local D/E – $65
Difficulty Local B/C JR/A/OPEN – $85
Difficulty Provincials – $125
Please Note: Website will be updated to reflect 2018/2019 changes by September 25th.