Registration has closed for Competitive Members for this competition, but remains open for the last two sessions on Saturday for Recreational Members. Unfortunately, we are unable to allow spectators during the first two sessions on Saturday. There are no changes to the schedule so all we need now is a few more judges and will be ready to go! (You can sign up to judge at https://signup.com/go/zyRccan )
Qualification Round/Recreational Event
Saturday, December 11, 2021 at Up The Bloc, 1224 Dundas Street E # 28, Mississauga
Athletes should check-in and get their bib/scorecard in the 30 minutes before their session.
8:15 am Gym opens for Session 1 check-in
9:00 am to 11:30 am Session 1
12:00 pm to 2:30 pm Session 2
3:00 pm to 5:30 pm Session 3
6:00 pm to 8:30 pm Session 4
Sunday, December 12, 2021 at Joe Rockheads, 29 Fraser Avenue, Toronto.
7:30 am Gym opens for volunteers and Officials
8:00 am Isolation opens only for B finalists
8:30 am Isolation closes for B finalists
9:00 am Climbing starts for B finalists
10:30 am Isolation opens for A, Junior and Adult finalists
11:00 am Isolation closes for A, Junior and Adult finalists
11:30 am Climbing starts for A, Junior and Adult finalists
- Youth B, A, Junior Competitive
- Youth B, A, Junior Recreational
- Adult Recreational
- Recreational Youth compete only on Saturday.
- Competitive Youth, and Adult athletes may advance to Final Round on Sunday.
- The Qualification Round/Recreational Event will be a judged scramble format. There will be approximately 30 problems for all competitors to choose from. Each competitor may attempt whichever problems they want, in any order they want. Each competitor will have maximum 8 attempts on any problem, with each fall reducing the value of that problem a small amount. Each competitor will be allowed to make only one attempt at a time, unless no other competitors are waiting in that area. Competitors will be ranked based on their 5 highest value Tops.
- The Final Round for each category will be an Iso/Onsight format with 4 problems, 5 on / 5 off.
- Quota to Finals for each category is based on the size of each category, from 6 to 12.
- Everyone entering the gym must complete a facility waiver with Up The Bloc/Joe’s.
- The waiver (valid for both gyms) can be found here.
- Please complete your waiver before the competition to help make check-in more efficient.
- Everyone 12 years and older entering the gym must be fully vaccinated, and will need to show full vaccination receipts (QR codes alone will not be accepted) and proper identification that matches the vaccination receipt.
- Masks must be worn by everyone at all times.
- The OCF’s COVID-19 Protocol for the 2021/2022 season can be found here.
- Limited spectators may be allowed at both venues.
- Further information will be provided after registration closes.
- Only OCF certified coaches will be given coaching credentials for this event. Please see our website for additional information: https://www.climbontario.ca/coaches/.
- There is some free parking in the plaza where Up The Bloc is located. Please abide by the posted parking signs and instructions, or you could be walking home.
- There is NO free parking available at Joe Rockhead’s. Pay parking is available in the neighbourhood. Please read signage carefully. Many lots are reserved for specific businesses, and parking officers patrol frequently. We recommend parking in the green-highlighted areas marked on the map.
- Recreational Members can still register at https://member.climbontario.ca until Friday December 10, 2021 at 5:00 PM.
- There are four distinct sessions on Saturday, all with the same amount of climbing time. Each competitor may register for only one session, and is expected to leave the gym after their session ends.
- Each session will be capped at 60 competitors to comply with COVID related facility capacity limits.