Call for nominations for the OCF representative to the CEC board
The CEC board consists of at least one representative from each of the member PSOs/TSOs. Each representative is either a board of director member from the PSO/TSO or a representative appointed by the organization. The CEC is currently seeking a representative to take on the position of our representative on the CEC board for the 2017/2018 season. The term will run from June 1, 2017 through May 31, 2018. However, we would like to appoint the new representative before the end of the current season to enable a smooth transition with the current representative.
Any adult member of the OCF in good standing is eligible to hold this position. Nominations are by personal declaration of the candidate member. The representative will be appointed from among such applications received by the existing OCF board. The Board asks those who wish to nominate themselves to email our chair at firstname.lastname@example.org. Nominees are asked to include a brief statement describing their background, highlighting their skills relevant to being a member of the CEC board, and why they wish to join the CEC Board. All nominations and statements must be received on or before April 1st. 2017 Nominations will close at 11:59pm on April 1st 2017.
The attributes required, and expectations of, a successful candidate are listed below. Further details regarding the CEC board can be found on the CEC website (http://climbingcanada.ca/about/)
- Willing & available to participate in one board meeting per month by teleconference. (Approx. 3-4 hours.)
- Ability to consider and balance the needs of a broad range of stakeholders when making decisions.
- Prior experience working on a sports related non-profit board. (The higher level the better.)
- Prior experience working on a non-sports related non-profit board. (The higher level the better.)
- Good general knowledge of the national/international governing structure of climbing.
- Prior practical experience as a climber, setter, coach, gym owner, and/or comp official. (The more of these the better.)
- Strong written / verbal communications skills. (Bilingual would be a HUGE asset.)
- Willing & available to spend an extra 5-15 hours per month on other volunteer board business depending on particular skills.