OCF Boulder Local #1: True North Climbing, October 19 & 20, 2019
Saturday October 19th: Youth D & E
Sunday October 20th: Youth C
75 Carl Hall Rd., Unit 14
Toronto, ON M3K 2B9
If this will be your first trip to True North, please check out the directions.
Registration closes on TUESDAY, OCTOBER 15th at 5:00 PM. Late registrations will not be accepted, no exceptions.
Participants and spectators must complete gym waivers. The True North waiver can be found here.
First Time Competitors:
First-time competitors must show proof of birth date and citizenship before the first competition. Please send your documentation by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (preferable to avoid delays at check-in) or bring your ID to the competition. Here are the full details of these requirements.
Coaches must complete the 2019/2020 coach requirements (OCF coach membership, signed Code of Conduct, and criminal record check) in order to receive OCF coaching privileges and an OCF Coach Badge. You will not be allowed to enter ISO and will not be eligible to file appeals if these requirements are not complete.
Volunteering:We cannot run our competitions without the generous support of our volunteer judges. Please check this out for further information on how you can become a judge, and please consider helping out! If you are able to, please sign up. We appreciate your help and support!
- Judged scramble comp (attempt problems in any order athlete wants)
- 8 problems to choose from, maximum 6 attempts per problem
- No video system (appeals only for scoring entry errors)
- 90 minutes climbing time
- E results not posted
- Judged IFSC Isolation style comp
- Qualifier round for each category is 5 problems, 5 on / 5 off
- Final round for each category is 4 problems, 5 on / 5 off (IFSC semi-final format)
- Quota to finals is 6 in each category
An isolation zone (ISO) will be in effect for the Youth C competition:
- All competitors must be checked into ISO by 8:30am.
- Once competitors enter ISO, they will not be permitted to leave until it is their turn to compete. Only competitors, coaches with OCF privileges and officials are allowed into ISO; parents are not permitted.
- Competitors and coaches are not allowed to communicate with anyone outside of ISO. Electronic communication devices (including Bluetooth devices) are not permitted in ISO.
- Once in the competition area, competitors may not communicate with anyone other than officials until they are finished competing.
- Parents, coaches and other supporters are encouraged to cheer for their climbers, but they cannot call out information or advice (referred to as “beta”) to a climber while they are competing (including during rest periods between their attempts). Examples of forbidden beta would include “Use the hold by your left foot,” “Breathe,” “Rest now,” or “Use the hold around the corner”.
The final schedule (and running orders for the Youth C competition) will be posted on Wednesday October 16th, after registration closes. Here is the provisional schedule for both days:
Saturday: E&D Category
Doors open/registration/warm up from 9am onward
10:00am – 11:30am – Round 1 – E category
12:00pm – 1:30pm – Round 2 – D Girls
2:00pm – 3:30pm – Round 3 – D Boys
Sunday: C Category
7:30am – Iso Opens
8:30am – Iso Closes
8:35am – Technical Meeting
9:00am – Qualification Round Starts
2:00pm – Qualification Round Ends (approx. time, depends on number of competitors)
3:00pm – Iso Opens (1 hour after end of Qualification Round)
4:00pm – Iso Closes
4:30pm – Finals
Results and Awards to follow
We look forward to seeing you soon. Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions about the competition!