Preparations are underway for the OCF Bouldering Provincials competition at Boulderz Climbing Centre on Saturday February 23rd. This is the final bouldering event in the 2012/2013 OCF Youth Climbing Series. The comp will be World Cup style onsight format. Climbing starts at 8:00 a.m. and ends around 8:30 p.m. Every competitor gets to climb four problems in the qualifier round. At most six competitors in each age/gender category will advance to the final round. There are four problems in the final round for each age/gender category.
Here is the information competitors need to be sure they are ready and qualified to compete (please read the following carefully!):
- Register online by Monday, February 18th at 11pm at https://my.climbontario.ca/dates.php?id=7. No registrations will be taken after that time!
- Payment Options:
- OCF members: $56 ONLINE payment if paid by February 18. $60 cash EXACT CHANGE on day of comp.
- NON-members: $61 ONLINE payment by February 18. $65 cash EXACT CHANGE on day of comp.
Before the Comp:
- In order to compete at Provincials, every competitor must have previously attended at least one of the 4 local bouldering comps in the OCF Youth Series. The last of those will be held Saturday February 9th at Coyote Rock Gym In Ottawa.
- All competitors must have completed a valid waiver for Boulderz Climbing Centre:
- All competitors must have completed a valid OCF waiver:
- All competitors must have once shown proof of date of birth (government-issued ID) to an OCF board member, either at a comp, or any time you can find one of the 9 board members at a climbing gym near you.
- All competitors must hold a valid OCF membership: https://www.climbontario.ca/ocf-memberships/. Competitors planning to continue on to Regionals and/or Nationals must hold a valid CEC/OCF Nationally Ranked Youth membership for those competitions. They must also have a completed CEC waiver (new form required each season): https://my.climbontario.ca/cec_waiver.pdf
Competitors and their parents should read all the waiver forms carefully, and be sure each is completed properly. Each is different and requires different information and signatures, so please take the time to complete them properly.
At The Comp:
- This comp will be run in World Cup Format, with competitors in isolation for both the Qualifying and Final rounds. A detailed description of the format and how the comp will proceed can be found here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/58252425/provincialdescription.pdf.
- The complete rules are posted here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/58252425/provincialrules.pdf.
- Competitors and coaches are responsible for understanding the rules and abiding by them. Of particular note: competitors must report to the Isolation Zone at the back of the building, and will not be permitted to enter through the usual front entrance! If you miss the closing of your Isolation Zone you will not be allowed to climb. Make sure you know what time your Isolation Zone opens and closes. The final schedule will be posted on February 19, 2013 once registration has closed.
Register online by Monday, February 18th at 11pm at https://my.climbontario.ca/dates.php?id=7. No registrations will be taken after that time!