We are excited to see our Youth E, D and C athletes again this weekend at The Core Climbing Gym for Boulder Local #2!
Saturday November 23rd: Youth D & E
Sunday November 24th: Youth C
The Core Climbing Gym
500 Jamieson Parkway
Register at https://member.climbontario.ca.
Registration closes on TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 19th at 5:00PM.
Participants and spectators must complete gym waivers. The Core Climbing Gym waiver can be found here.
We cannot run our competitions without the generous support of our volunteer judges. Please refer to https://www.climbontario.ca/judging/ for further information on how you can become a judge.
Judge signup can be found at https://signup.com/group/1046782930072. We appreciate your help and support!
- Judged scramble comp (attempt problems in any order athlete wants)
- 8 problems to choose from, maximum 6 attempts per problem
- No video system (appeals only for scoring entry errors)
- 90 minutes climbing time
- E results not posted
- Judged IFSC Isolation style comp
- Qualifier round for each category is 5 problems, 5 on / 5 off
- Final round for each category is 4 problems, 5 on / 5 off (IFSC semi-final format)
- Quota to finals is 6 in each category
An isolation zone (ISO) will be in effect for the Youth C competition:
- All competitors must be checked into ISO by 8:30am, regardless of what time they are scheduled to compete in the running order
- Only competitors, coaches with OCF privileges and officials are allowed into ISO; parents are not permitted
- Once competitors enter ISO, they will not be permitted to leave until it is their turn to compete
- Competitors and coaches are not allowed to communicate with anyone outside of ISO (electronic communication devices, including Bluetooth devices, are not permitted in ISO)
- Once in the competition area, competitors may not communicate with anyone other than officials until they are finished competing
- Parents, coaches and other supporters are encouraged to cheer for their climbers, but they cannot call out information or advice (referred to as “beta”) to a climber while they are competing (including during rest periods between their attempts)
- Examples of forbidden beta would include “Use the hold by your left foot,” “Breathe,” “Rest now,” or “Use the hold around the corner”
The final schedule (and running orders for the Youth C competition) will be posted on Wednesday November 20th, after registration closes. Here is the provisional schedule for both days:
Saturday: E & D Category
Doors open at 9am
Check-in and warm-up from 9am onward
10:00am – 11:30am – Round 1 – E category & D Girls
12:30pm – 2:00pm – Round 2 – D Boys
Results & Awards to follow
Sunday: C Category
7:30am – ISO Opens
8:00am – Technical meeting for coaches
8:30am – ISO Closes
8:35am – Judge briefing
9:00am – Qualification Round Starts
2:00pm – Qualification Round Ends (approx. time, depends on number of competitors)
3:00pm – ISO Opens (1 hour after end of Qualification Round)
4:00pm – ISO Closes
4:30pm – Finals
Results and Awards to follow
Qualifying for Provincials:
This competition is the second and last opportunity for Youth D & C athletes to qualify for OCF Provincial Bouldering Championships. Please see https://www.climbontario.ca/ocf-series/ for full details on eligibility and qualifying requirements.
Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions about the competition!