It will be another record setting weekend for climbing in Ontario, with 275 athletes registered for the comp!
The provisional schedule and running orders are now available (see bottom of this post).
LOCATION & DIRECTIONS:
Up The Bloc
1224 Dundas Rd. East, Unit #28
If this is your first visit to Up The Bloc, please check the directions at https://www.upthebloc.com/find-us. GPS directions can be difficult to follow.
IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT THE SCHEDULE AND RUNNING ORDERS:
- Athletes must be checked into ISO by 8:30am on their competition day.
- For Saturday only, the Officials and Event Organizer have shortened the break between qualifiers and finals from 2.5 hours to 2 hours (a deviation from section 11.10 e of our rules). The change was made in order to keep the length of the day more manageable.
- The running order for Saturday remains PROVISIONAL. The final running order will be posted by 9am on Saturday morning after check-in closes. If there are withdrawals or no-shows, we may adjust the running orders to remove gaps (shift athletes earlier, with overall order unchanged).
- The time listed on the running orders is the “on-deck” time.
- Daylight Savings Time switches on Saturday night. Please enjoy an extra hour of sleep instead of arriving an hour earlier than you need to on Sunday!
COACH & ATHLETE REMINDERS
- WAIVERS: All athletes and coaches must sign an Up The Bloc waiver. Please do this before you arrive for check-in.
- ATHLETE DROP-OFF: Only athletes and coaches will be allowed into the gym during check-in. We ask parents to please drop their athletes at the front door.
- FIRST-TIME COMPETITORS: Please send us proof of birthdate and citizenship before the competition.
- Doors will open for spectators after ISO closes at 8:30am.
- Spectators do not require waivers.
- If you’re coming to watch an athlete on Saturday, please check the final running orders that will be posted after check-in closes on Saturday. It’s possible an athlete’s start time will shift earlier (see important note #3 above).
ISOLATION ZONE Isolation will be very long for some athletes. Please come prepared with sufficient food, cozy clothes, non-electronic entertainment (books, cards, board games, homework?!), maybe even a pillow or a blanket.
As with the Gravity comp, there will be designated areas for relaxing/ hanging out. Competitors should use the warmup areas only if they are actively warming up for the competition.
Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions!
SCHEDULE & RUNNING ORDERS