Date: On Tuesday, October 23, 2012 at 6:15 p.m.
- Attendance: Sheila, Stephen, Jeff, John, Lorraine, Tim, Julia, Liz
- Approval of previous minutes.
- Board Vacancy. Sally Vince has resigned, so there is an opening on the board. Lorraine will take over the work on policies, Julia will continue with volunteer coordination. A notice requesting applications will be posted on the website and Facebook page. Application deadline is 4 days before next meeting. Sheila will continue as interim secretary.
- Peaks Comp/Fundraiser. Slightly short on our projected earnings. It was a good comp, though the turnout was a little disappointing. The problems were good and the kids had fun.
- Treasurer’s Report. The board approved spending $575 on new ribbons, expected to last next 2 seasons.
- Report from Chair on agreement with the CEC regarding memberships. It’s a done deal. The information about memberships on our website needs to be clarified, as it is not clear.
- Competition format of Series Difficulty Comps. There was a discussion on the format of comps – scramble or onsight. Unanimous vote to have one comp onsight this season. John to ask Guelph Grotto to hold the onsight comp and to help set Grand River Rocks comp to get used to setting for youth.
- Next meeting. November 17, 10:00 a.m. John’s house.
- Motion to adjourn.