Date: Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 10:15 a.m.
- Attendance: Sheila, Stephen, John, Lorraine, Tim. Regrets: Liz, Jeff, Julia
- Approval of previous minutes.
- Board Vacancy: The Board voted to appoint Jodi Miall to fill the vacant seat on the Board. Lorraine Winger has agreed to take over the duties of Secretary as of the next meeting.
- Treasurer’s report/membership issues: The OCF currently has 80 competitor members, 36 recreational members and 40 supporting members. The Board voted to count Series points for all competitors whose memberships were paid in full on or before November 3rd (the date of the second Series competition). This affected Boys B, C, D, changing standings for Boys B only.
- Website: The Board is pleased with the revamp of the OCF website. There was a request to add the CEC and OCF waivers to the site [which has since been done].
- Report from Chair on status of the CEC: Tim gave an update.
- Report on the Route Setting for Youth clinic/workshop (held at True North Climbing on October 25th): It was good clinic, with about 9 people from 5 gyms attending: Boulderz, True North, Rock & Rope, Climber’s Rock and one from Bracebridge.
- Progress report on competition format of Series Difficulty Comps: John has started a discussion with the Guelph Grotto regarding having their Series Difficult comp use onsight format. No resolution yet.
- Any new business raised by the Board Members in attendance:
- Insurance: Lorraine is confirming that the coverage provided via the ACC/CEC coverage is the same as we currently have. If not, she recommends not switching. Our policy is up for renewal January 27.
- Stephen updated on MEC’s donation of gift cards and items to be used as prizes.
- Next meeting: December 7, Ottawa
- Motion to adjourn.