OCF Boulder Local #1: True North Climbing, October 19 & 20, 2019
Saturday October 19th: Youth D & E
Sunday October 20th: Youth C
The Final Schedule and the Running Order for Sunday are now available (see bottom of this post).
75 Carl Hall Rd., Unit 14
Toronto, ON M3K 2B9
If this will be your first trip to True North, please check out the directions.
Participants and spectators must complete gym waivers. The True North waiver can be found here. Please make sure to complete your waiver BEFORE you arrive for the competition.
First Time Competitors:
First-time competitors must show proof of birth date and citizenship before the first competition. Please send your documentation by email to email@example.com (preferable to avoid delays at check-in) or bring your ID to the competition. Here are the full details of these requirements.
Coaches must complete the 2019/2020 coach requirements (OCF coach membership, signed Code of Conduct, and criminal record check) in order to receive OCF coaching privileges and an OCF Coach Badge. You will not be allowed to enter ISO and will not be eligible to file appeals if these requirements are not complete.
Volunteering: We cannot run our competitions without the generous support of our volunteer judges. Please check this out for further information on how you can become a judge, and please consider helping out! If you are able to, please sign up. We appreciate your help and support!
- Judged scramble comp (attempt problems in any order athlete wants)
- 8 problems to choose from, maximum 6 attempts per problem
- No video system (appeals only for scoring entry errors)
- 90 minutes climbing time
- E results not posted
- Judged IFSC Isolation style comp
- Qualifier round for each category is 5 problems, 5 on / 5 off
- Final round for each category is 4 problems, 5 on / 5 off (IFSC semi-final format)
- Quota to finals is 6 in each category
An isolation zone (ISO) will be in effect for the Youth C competition:
- Once competitors enter ISO, they will not be permitted to leave until it is their turn to compete. Only competitors, coaches with OCF privileges and officials are allowed into ISO; parents are not permitted.
- Competitors and coaches are not allowed to communicate with anyone outside of ISO. Electronic communication devices (including Bluetooth devices) are not permitted in ISO.
- Once in the competition area, competitors may not communicate with anyone other than officials until they are finished competing.
- Parents, coaches and other supporters are encouraged to cheer for their climbers, but they cannot call out information or advice (referred to as “beta”) to a climber while they are competing (including during rest periods between their attempts). Examples of forbidden beta would include “Use the hold by your left foot,” “Breathe,” “Rest now,” or “Use the hold around the corner”.
Schedule & Running Orders:
The final schedule for the weekend is attached
Also attached is the running order the qualification round for Sunday’s Youth C competition. Please note that the posted time is the “on deck” time, five minutes before a competitor will begin climbing. Also, please note that ALL YOUTH C COMPETITORS MUST BE CHECKED INTO ISO BY 8:30 AM ON SUNDAY, regardless of when you are scheduled to compete in the running order. To make your time in ISO as fun as possible, please bring sufficient food (snacks and a meal if you are later in the running order), warm clothes, non-electronic entertainment (books, cards, etc), maybe even a pillow or a blanket.
We look forward to seeing you soon. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about the competition!
RUNNING ORDER (YOUTH C, SUNDAY)