Competition Schedule for 2018/2019 Series
On behalf of all of our members, the OCF would like to thanks all of the gyms that applied to host an event this season. With so many facilities offering to host events, we selected events using the following criteria.
Candidate gyms were only compared to other facilities that had applied for the same event date. We considered the following:
- wall suitability (height, angles, etc)
- facility capacity (spectators, ISO, parking, etc.)
- routesetting history
- geographic location
|B/A/Jr/Open Bouldering Local 1||October 20/21||The Hub – Markham|
|E/D/C Bouldering Local 1||November 3/4||True North – Toronto|
|B/A/Jr/Open Bouldering Local 2||November 17/18||Up the Bloc – Mississauga|
|E/D/C Bouldering Local 2||December 1/2||The Core – Cambridge|
|OCF Bouldering Provincials(D/C/B/A/Jr./Open)||December 15/16||Altitude – Kanata|
|CEC Youth Bouldering Nationals||February 16/17/18||Bloc Shop – Montreal,QC|
|CEC Open Bouldering Nationals||March 2/3||Bolder – Calgary, AB|
|E/D Difficulty Local 1||February 2||Boulderz -Etobicoke|
|C/B/A/Jr./Open Difficulty Local 1||March 23/24||Gravity – Hamilton|
|E/D Difficulty Local 2||March 30||True North – Toronto|
|C/B/A/Jr./Open Difficulty Local 2||April 6/7||Junction – London|
|OCF Difficulty Provincials (D/C/B/A/Jr./Open)||April 20/21||Altitude- Gatineau, QC|
DATE AND LOCATION TBA – CEC Youth/Open Difficulty/Speed Nationals
There will be no CEC Open National Series events this season. We await clarification of the selection process for Nationals from the CEC High Performance Committee.
- E/D categories will continue to be a modified scramble for bouldering with 8 problems.
- C/B categories will be ISO format qualifier round consisting of 5 problems, and no finals round.
- A/Jr/Open categories will be ISO format qualifier round consisting of 5 problems, and the top 8 athletes in each category will move on to a finals round consisting of 4 problems. Qualifiers and finals rounds will follow the IFSC format. This format may be changed due to changes in the CEC qualification process for Nationals.
- E/D/C locals will feature E/D categories on Saturday and C category on Sunday.
- B/A/Jr/Open locals will feature A/Jr/Open qualifiers on Saturday, with B category qualifiers on Sunday followed by A/Jr/Open finals later on Sunday.
The format for Difficulty will be the same as the 2017/2018 series.
- E/D will have a modified scramble consisting of 4 problems, each of which they can attempt twice. For the 2018/2019 season, E/D climbers will follow a running order to organize athletes more efficiently and their score will take attempts into account to help eliminate ties.
- C/B/A/Jr/Open will have a qualifier round consisting of two routes, followed by an onsight format final round with one route.
- E/D locals will be held on Saturdays.
- C/B/A/Jr/Open locals will feature A/Jr/Open climbers on Saturday, and C/B climbers on Sunday.
In the interest of securing the best facilities to host our events, we have increased our competition registrations fees. The vast majority of each registration fee is paid through to the host gym.
Competition Registration Fees
Bouldering Local E/D/C/B – $65
Bouldering Local A/JR/OPEN – $75
Bouldering Provincials – $100
Difficulty Local E/D – $65
Difficulty Local C/B/A/JR/OPEN – $85
Difficulty Provincials – $125
OCF Membership Fees
OCF memberships fees will be announced once the CEC finalizes the PSO fee structure for 2018/2019.