Thanks to everyone who joined us last weekend for our first bouldering competition of the season. Next up, we are going to change gears for a speed competition at Pinnacle Indoor Climbing!
DATE OF COMPETITION:
Sunday, November 21, 2021
Pinnacle Indoor Climbing
330 Lake Road
Bowmanville, ON L1C 4P8
Youth D, C, B, A, and Junior
Senior (Youth A, Junior and Adult combined)
Registration is now open at https://member.climbontario.ca.
The registration deadline is Thursday, November 18th at 5:00pm.
- Everyone entering the gym (athletes, coaches, and spectators) must sign a waiver: https://pinnacleindoorclimbing.com/waiver/.
- Please complete your waiver in advance of the comp to reduce delays on the day of the competition.
- Everyone entering the gym must be fully vaccinated.
- Proof of vaccination will be verified upon entry. Everyone entering the gym must show:
- full vaccination receipts (paper or digital; note that QR codes alone will not be accepted) AND
- identification that includes their name and birthdate (matching the vaccination receipt).
- Masks must be worn at all times.
- The OCF’s COVID-19 Protocol for the 2021/2022 season can be found here.
- Spectators will be limited to one (1) spectator per athlete.
- Pinnacle will be livestreaming the comp on Youtube for anyone who can’t join us in person!
- Anyone attending as a coach must be certified as an OCF Coach for the 2021/2022 season.
- For details, please see https://www.climbontario.ca/coaches/. Please contact Liz Maffett at email@example.com with any questions.
RULES AND FORMAT:
Youth D & C athletes will climb a modified route: the CEC Official Youth C/D Speed Route (see page 10 of CEC rules at https://www.climbingcanada.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/2021-2022-CEC-Rule-Amendments.pdf).
Youth A, Junior and Adult athletes will compete in a single Qualification Round. These results will be used to rank athletes in their individual category (Youth A, Junior, and Adult) as well as in the combined Senior category. If an athlete qualifies for the final round(s) in more than one category (for example, a Youth A athlete qualifies in both Youth A and Senior), the athlete will compete in separate finals for each category.
Please see section 14 of our Rules for further information: www.climbontario.ca/rules.
Here is the provisional schedule:
9:00 – 11:00 am: Youth D & C Round
12:00 – 4:00 pm: Youth B/A/Jr/Adult Round
Results & awards to follow each round
The provisional schedule depends on the number of athletes registered and is subject to change. However, the Youth D/C round will definitely run first.
The final schedule will be posted on Friday, November 19th, after registration closes.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!