OCF Training Camp Coordinator/Coach
The OCF is seeking an Ontario coach to design and implement training camps for both the Bouldering and Difficulty seasons. Training camps offer an opportunity for athletes to learn, interact and become better competitors as well as prepare for regional and national events.
Tentative 2019-2020 training camp dates are as follows:
- Nov 30/Dec 1 – A/Jr/Open Boulder Training Camp
- Jan 4/5 – C/B Boulder Training Camp
- Apr 18/19 – C/B & A/Jr/Open Difficulty Training Camps
Launching the training camps will operate in two phases. Phase 1 is the design of a complete training camp plan. Phase 2 will be the execution of the camps.
For Phase 1, the chosen applicant will be asked to develop a complete training camp plan which includes the following:
- Full schedule including ideas such as:
- Mock comp rounds;
- Technical analysis;
- Drills and exercises;
- Mental workshops; and
Compensation for Phase 1 will be an honorarium of $500.
If the OCF Board decides to proceed with Phase 2 (implementing the camps), the successful applicant will be hired to run the training camps and support the Ontario team at CEC events. Full job description and compensation for Phase 2 will be determined based on the plan and budget.
To apply for this position, an applicant must provide:
- Resume including details of coaching experience, coaching certifications and any past experience with training camps;
- Brief vision for the training camp(s)
Interested candidates are asked to submit their application to email@example.com by Friday September 6, 2019.