Position: Provincial Assistant Coach – Ontario Climbing Federation
Post Date: Oct. 24, 2019
Application Deadline: Oct. 31, 2019
Application Method: by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Provincial Assistant Coach Job Description
The Ontario Climbing Federation is seeking qualified candidates to assist in the implementation of the federation’s planned training camps.
The position has a start date of November 11 and terminates on May 31. Each Assistant Coach will be designated a primary and secondary competition category.
The Assistant Coaches will help design and implement the 3 planned training camps for this competition season:
A/Jr/Open Bouldering: Nov 29 – Dec 1
Youth B and C Bouldering: Jan 3 – 5
D-Open Speed: Jan 31 – Feb 2
Duties will include:
- Assist the Head Coach in compiling video analysis from the second Bouldering Local competitions and Provincial Bouldering Championships
- Track athletes in their primary designated category for the entire season based on metrics provided by the Head Coach
- Be a resource in their primary designated category for Ontario athletes without a coach
- Be a contact person in their primary designated category for coaches of Ontario athletes to keep them informed about the camps and as a general resource
- Take part in a coach’s year end meeting to come up with recommendations for next season to be presented to the Board
- Be certified as a 2019/2020 OCF Coach
- Have a successful track record coaching athletes in one or more age categories
- Possess excellent organizational, planning, interpersonal and management skills
- Have good communication skills
- Have strong computer literacy (familiarity with video analysis tools is an asset)
- Have a good understanding of the LTAD model
Please submit an application by the deadline describing your qualifications for the position, your coaching certifications, and any experience you have with training camps. Please also note your desired primary and secondary categories (C, B, A/Jr/Open).