An OCF board meeting was held on
Saturday, July 25, 2016, at 1:00 p.m. in Oakville
Attendees: Kellen Tapley, Shaun Hunter, Gillian Wyett, Lorraine Winger, Sheila Marks, Julia Bonnell, Kari Robson.
- Discussion of volunteers required to fill the following non board positions
- OCF representative to the CEC – Tim Vince appointed
- Website content and Social media coordinator
- OCF rep to CEC Communication committee
- OCF rep to the CEC Climbing Long Term Athlete Development Plan and Certified National Coaching Program
- Sponsorship coordinator
- Financial report – The OCF financial statements for the year ended May 31, 2016 were presented.
- Quotas for competitions (# to advance to semi-finals and finals)
- Quota at difficulty provincials to be 20 (+ any ties, non-residents and any other athletes granted an exemption by the board) for qualifiers, 14 advance to semi-finals, and 8 advance to finals. Quotas for difficulty locals to be 14 to semi-finals and 8 to finals.
- Quota at Bouldering provincials to be 20 (+ any ties, non-residents and any other athletes granted an exemption by the board) in qualifiers and 8 advance to finals, plus foreign nationals and ties. No semi-final round will be held.
- OCF Process to determine invitations to nationals
- The top 8 in each category based on results at provincial championships will receive an automatic invitation to nationals. All athletes must have qualified for Provincials (i.e. – be ranked in the top 20 in their respective category) to be invited to Nationals.
- Fee structure for the 2016/2017 series
- No changes in individual competition fees charged to competitors. Day passes will no longer be available. Competitors must purchase an OCF series membership to participate in any event.
- Date of next meeting set for July 11 at 6:30 p.m. via conference call.