An OCF board meeting was held on Sunday July 26 at 1pm in Toronto
- Attendees: Kellen Tapley, Sheila Marks, Shaun Hunter, Lorraine Winger, Gillian Wyett, via telephone: Jeff Whattam. Regrets: Kari Robson
Summary of motions passed:
|Various motions re gyms to host local and provincial competitions during the upcoming season||Gyms to be contacted to re-confirm their participation in the series.|
|Selection process for invitation to nationals||Process will remain consistent with that followed in the prior year.|
|Determination of rankings||Overall series ranking will be based on one local and provincials from each discipline.
A series “winner” will also be selected for each individual discipline based on the results of one local and provincials.
|Points allocation||The point allocation will remain consistent with that used in the prior competition year.|
|National Series event||Date for the Ontario National Series event was determined, pending CEC approval.|
Other issues discussed:
- Update and recognition of the OCF members who had volunteered to fill roles to assist the board.
- CEC update presented.
- Plans for the 2015/2016 season were discussed including the selection of gyms; the National Series Bouldering event; series rankings and point allocations; and the selection process for nationals.
- Discussion regarding insurance coverage.
- Discussion of a potential development session for coaches.
- Date of the next meeting will be September 12 at 1:00pm.