At the most recent OCF Board meeting, it was decided to include Open climbers in the 2016/17 OCF series.
An OCF board meeting was held on
Saturday, June 12, 2016, at 1:00 p.m. in Toronto
- Attendees: Kellen Tapley, Shaun Hunter, Gillian Wyett, Lorraine Winger, Sheila Marks, Julia Bonnell.
- The meeting was held to discuss the schedule for the 2016/2017 series and to determine the qualification process for youth provincials. The 2016/2017 OCF series will consist of 2 local and one provincial competition for each discipline. Open competitors will be invited to participate in both bouldering and difficulty events. The qualification process for provincials will be that the single best result from a local will determine eligibility for provincials with the top 20 competitors from each category qualifying for provincials. In case of ties, all eligible climbers will be taken forward.
- Date of next board meeting was set for June 25 at 1:00pm in Oakville.
Climbing Escalade Canada (CEC) is very pleased to announce the 2016 Canadian National Team for Open Lead:
Alannah Yip (BC)
Sophie Buitendyk (BC)
Sara Frangos (AB)
Becca Frangos (AB)
Alyssa Weber (AB)
Mika Hosoi (BC)
Sean McColl (EQ) (BC)
Elan Jonas-McRae (EQ) (BC)
Jason Holowach (SK)
Kyle Murdoch (BC)
Scott Eveleigh (AB)
Marc Eveleigh (AB)
Simon Yamamoto (AB)
Lucas Uchida (ON)
These fourteen athletes will be eligible to represent Canada at all IFSC World Cup lead events this season. They will also be eligible to compete at the 2016 Open World Climbing Championships, which will be held in Paris, France in September 2016. For further information about the CEC National Team selection criteria, please go to the our websitewww.climbingcanada.ca.
CEC may name other eligible athletes as Alternate Team Members for specific IFSC events, if members of the National Team are unable to attend specific events.
All Open Athletes who meet the minimum performance criteria and are interested in being named as an Alternate Team Member and attending a specific World Cup lead event must contact Tim Vince, CEC Secretary, as soon as possible at email@example.com
2016 CEC Youth National Difficulty Team / Équipe Canadienne Junior de difficulté 2016
Competition Climbing Canada (CEC) is pleased to announce the thirty-two athletes who have been named to the 2016 Youth National Difficulty Team. /
CEC est heureux d’annoncer les 32 athletes nommés au sein de l’équipe Nationale de difficulté 2016
All of the athletes in Youth B, A, and Junior categories will be eligible to represent Canada at the IFSC Youth World Climbing Championships, which are going to be held in Guangzhou, China in November 2016./
Les Athletes des catégories A B et junior sont éligibles à représenter le Canada aux championnats du monde 2016 qui auront lieu à Guangzhou, Chine en Novembre 2016.
Youth C Girls / Juvénile C Fem
Youth C Boys / Juvénile C Masc
Youth B Girls / Juvénile B Fem
Aggy St. Jacques
Youth B Boys / Juvénile B Masc
Youth A Girls / Juvénile A Fem
Youth A Boys / Juvénile A Masc
Junior Girls /Feminin
Junior Boys / Masculin
Kiefer Van Den Bosch
The Youth Team Manager, Ron Gosselin, will provide further information to the members of the Youth Team about the upcoming training camp, as well as preliminary details about the Youth Worlds.
Le Coordonnateur de l’équipe Ron Gosselin fournira de l’information supplémentaire aux membres de l’équipe junior sur le camp d’entraînement et des détails préliminaires sur les championnats du monde.
· CEC voting board member· Liaison between the OCF and the CEC, responsible for representing the OCF and the OCF’s perspective and concerns within the CEC· Monthly CEC board meetings (via conference call)· At least monthly reporting back to the OCF regarding CEC plans and to solicit information and input from the OCF board
· OCF representative on the CEC’s communications committee which has the mandate of developing and delivering communications between the CEC and its key audience (athletes, parents, gyms, the wider community, etc.)· Periodic committee meetings (via. conference call) over the course of the year· Periodic reporting back to the OCF to provide updates on the CEC committee’s activities and to solicit information and input from the OCF board
· Responsible for updating all content on the OCF website (climbontario.ca) (wordpress site)· Responsible for majority of posts on the OCF facebook page & Instagram feed
The OCF has received some extra quota spots for Youth Nationals. Unfortunately, the deadline is tonight at 11:59 p.m. Please check your emails to see if you have been sent an invitation, and details relating how to respond.
AGM held Saturday, April 23, 2016 at True North Climbing Inc.