Here is everything you need to know about our first Boulder Local of the season. This event is for our older Youth climbers (B/A/Jr categories) as well as any Adults who want a chance to crush some cool boulders. There is some new information so please read this announcement carefully.
(The first Boulder Local of the season for Youth E/D/C athletes is also just around the corner: Saturday December 18th at Climber’s Rock. Save the Date!)
DATES/LOCATIONS OF COMPETITION:
Qualification Round/Recreational Event
- Saturday, December 11, 2021
- Up The Bloc, 1224 Dundas Street E # 28, Mississauga
- Sunday, December 12, 2021
- Joe Rockhead’s, 29 Fraser Avenue, Toronto
- Youth B, A, Junior Competitive
- Youth B, A, Junior Recreational
- Adult Recreational
- Recreational Youth athletes compete only on Saturday.
- Competitive Youth/Adult athletes may advance to Final Round on Sunday.
- The Qualification Round/Recreational Event will be a judged scramble format. There will be approximately 30 problems for all competitors to choose from. Each competitor may attempt whichever problems they want, in any order they want. Each competitor will have maximum 8 attempts on any problem, with each fall reducing the value of that problem by a small amount. Each competitor will be allowed to make only one attempt at a time, unless no other competitors are waiting in that area. Competitors will be ranked based on their 5 highest value Tops.
- The Final Round for each category will be an Iso/Onsight format with 4 problems, 5 on / 5 off.
- Quota to Finals for each category is based on the size of each category, between 6 to 12 athletes.
- Everyone entering the gym must complete a facility waiver with Up The Bloc/Joe’s.
- The waiver (valid for both gyms) can be found here.
- Please complete your waiver before the competition to help make check-in more efficient.
- Everyone 12 years and older entering the gym must be fully vaccinated and will need to show full vaccination receipts (QR codes alone will not be accepted) and proper identification that matches the vaccination receipt in order to enter the gym.
- Masks must be worn by everyone at all times.
- The OCF’s COVID-19 Protocol for the 2021/2022 season can be found here.
- Limited spectators may be allowed at both venues.
- Further information will be provided after registration closes.
- Only OCF certified coaches will be given coaching credentials for this event.
- Please see our website for additional information: https://www.climbontario.ca/coaches/.
- There is some free parking in the plaza where Up The Bloc is located. Please abide by the posted parking signs and instructions, or you could be walking home.
- There is NO free parking available at Joe Rockhead’s. Pay parking is available in the neighbourhood. Please read signage carefully. Many lots are reserved for specific businesses, and parking officers patrol frequently. We recommend parking in the green-highlighted areas marked on the map.
- Registration is now open for Youth Competitive Members at https://member.climbontario.ca.
- Registration will open for Youth & Adult Recreational Members on Saturday, December 4, 2021.
- There are four distinct sessions on Saturday, all with the same amount of climbing time. Each competitor may register for only one session, and is expected to leave the gym after their session ends.
- Each session will be capped at 60 competitors to comply with COVID related facility capacity limits. Please register early to ensure you get a spot in your preferred Saturday session.
- The registration deadline for everyone is Wednesday, December 8, 2021 at 5:00 PM.
- Registration instructions:
- Purchase Membership – one of:
- Competitive Membership = eligible to qualify for Final Round, Provincial Championships, High Performance Program, OCF team at CEC Events, Series Points – and granted rights of OCF voting Member; OR
- Recreational Membership = access to Recreational Events only (does not include the benefits listed above for Competitive Members)
- Sign Waivers
- Register for the Competition (select the Saturday Session and Competition Type (Recreational or Competitive) you wish to compete in)
- Purchase Membership – one of:
UPDATE: REGISTRATION FOR SESSION #2 (12:00-2:30) HAS REACHED CAPACITY AND IS NOW CLOSED.
Saturday, December 11, 2021 at Up The Bloc
Qualification Round/ Recreational Event
EDIT/ CLARIFICATION: Athletes should check-in and obtain their bib and scorecards in the 30 minutes before their session. OCF Officials will be on site as of 8:15am, but we’d like to limit traffic at the gym outside of everyone’s designated session.
8:15 am Gym opens
for event check-in / obtain bib & scorecard
9:00 am to 11:30 am Session 1
12:00 pm to 2:30 pm Session 2
3:00 pm to 5:30 pm Session 3
6:00 pm to 8:30 pm Session 4
Sunday, December 12, 2021 at Joe Rockheads
7:30 am Gym opens for volunteers and Officials
8:00 am Isolation opens only for B finalists
8:30 am Isolation closes for B finalists
9:00 am Climbing starts for B finalists
10:30 am Isolation opens for A, Junior and Adult finalists
11:00 am Isolation closes for A, Junior and Adult finalists
11:30 am Climbing starts for A, Junior and Adult finalists