The list of athletes who have qualified to compete at A/Jr/Open Provincial Bouldering Championships is provided at the bottom of this post. Congratulations to all!
Registration can be completed here. The registration deadline is Tuesday, November 12th at 5:00pm.
Saturday, November 16, 2019
- All categories climb the same problems, as with Locals
- Qualification round (ISO format, 5-on-5-off, as with Locals)
- Finals round (top 6 in each category, ISO format, 5-on-5-off, as with Locals)
Hub Climbing Mississauga
3636 Hawkestone Rd Unit 1
The final schedule and running orders will be posted on Wednesday, November 13th, after registration closes. The provisional schedule is as follows:
7:30am – ISO opens
8:30am – ISO closes
9:00am – Qualification Round starts
2:00pm – Qualification Round ends
3:00pm – ISO opens
4:00pm – ISO closes
4:30pm – Final Round starts
6:05-6:35pm – Final Round ends
Results & Awards to follow
Gym Waivers: Please complete your Hub Climbing waiver in advance of the competition to help make registration on the day of the comp as smooth as possible.
Gym Orientation: All competitors under the age of majority must receive a Hub Climbing bouldering orientation before they can compete. If you have completed a bouldering orientation at Hub Climbing Markham, you do not need to complete one in Mississauga. Adults can opt out of the bouldering orientation online as part of the waiver and online facility orientation. If you have not yet completed a bouldering orientation and are under the age of majority, we encourage you to visit the gym and complete the orientation before the comp date if at all possible so that this is not another thing to worry about the morning of the event.
Eligibility for Provincial Championships is covered in Section 6 of our Rules.
- to be eligible, an athlete must be an Ontario resident (regardless of citizenship)
- for youth categories: top twenty (20) eligible athletes
- for open categories: top fourty (40) eligible athletes **
- the top 20/40 rankings are based on each athlete’s single best result at a local competition in the discipline
- in ranking the top 20/40, we adjust results from each local to exclude the results of non-resident athletes
- if there is a tie for 20th/40th, all athletes tied for the final spot are eligible
- if an eligible athlete chooses not compete, we do not invite additional athletes
** Note: The CEC has increased the PSO quotas to Open Regionals to 30 athletes per gender. In response, we are increasing the quota of Open athletes eligible to compete at OCF Provincials from 20 to 40 per gender.
Important note for A & Jr athletes:
- If your name appears on both lists (top 20 Youth and top 40 Open), you are eligible compete in both your Open and Youth categories (please register in your Youth category, and your results will be counted in both categories)
- If your name appears only in the top 20 Youth list, you are eligible to compete at Provincials only in your Youth category (please register in your youth category)
- If your name appears only in the top 40 Open list, you are eligible to compete at Provincials only in your Open category (please register as Open)